Our Response to COVID-19
The following set of measures indicates the efforts that Vitality Integrative Health is taking to mitigate the risks caused by COVID-19. Despite each of these measures, there is no guarantee that there is no risk due to the precarious nature of the virus. As such, patients must be aware of the risks that they themselves, and their practitioners, are subject to. Acting in a coordinated effort will help minimize the spread of COVID-19, and allow us to provide the treatments patients need on a continuing basis.
Masks are mandatory for everyone
- We reserve our staff the right to refuse treatment based on what they deem is acceptable and effective in terms of a mask. The clinic follows procedures and standards set out by the BCCDC, and prioritizes the safety of the community. Please visit the BCCDC’s website for more information on effective masks.
- Therapists may choose to wear additional PPE such as face shields, goggles, etc.
- Masks will be provided if you do not have one with you at the time of your appointment
VIH COVID-19 Operational Procedures
- Patients will be made aware of the mitigation efforts the clinic is taking to minimize the risk of viral transmission and will be asked to provide informed consent to treatment
- Everyone who may be or is sick is strictly asked to stay home. Cancellation fees will be waived if you are unable to make it to your appointment for reasons related to COVID-19
- There will be a cleaning checklist in each room
- All cleaning products and sanitizers used at Vitality are approved by Health Canada and BCCDC to be used against COVID-19
- Each treatment room will have an air purifier with HEPA filters
- Laundry procedures will continue to follow FDA regulations for the treatment of all sheets and towels
- All furniture and equipment that is difficult to clean (fabric chairs, hydrocollator, etc.) have been removed
- All treatment rooms will be cleaned and sanitized before, during and after a practitioner’s shift
- All equipment, table, chairs, surfaces, door handles, oil/lotion bottle etc. will continue to be cleaned and sanitized between every patient
- The washroom, front desk area and staff room will continue to be cleaned and sanitized multiple times a day, minimum twice a day
- All floors will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at the entrance/exit for patients to use as they come and go. It will be mandatory for everyone to use the hand sanitizer as they enter the clinic. If your hands are visibly soiled, please wash them
- All practitioners are trained on proper hand hygiene and hand washing protocols
- All practitioners are trained on proper donning and doffing of PPE
- Masks are mandatory for everyone in the clinic. Masks are available in clinic for those that do not have one
- Buffer time between appointments are minimum 15 minutes to allow for proper cleaning
- High risk patients will be advised to book their appointments in the first appointment spot of the day and will be advised to self-assess the risks and benefits to in-person treatment
- Plexiglass will be installed at the reception area. All patients are encouraged to re-book using our online booking site and e-mail the clinic with any questions they may have to minimize line ups and gathering at the entryway.
- Patients are advised to limit touching anything in the clinic including door handles. Practitioners and staff will open and close doors as much as possible
- Where applicable, practitioners will determine whether in-person care is necessary or virtual appointments are appropriate
- Signage provided by BCCDC will be strategically placed throughout the clinic to inform every one of transmission prevention measures, physical distancing measures, and hand hygiene techniques